[lbo-talk] Re: Larry Kramer Being Larry Kramer

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 14 20:10:47 PST 2004

Amen!!

Just a taste:

You can never not fight back. You can't give them an inch. So what if they're attacking us? You don't run back into the closet. I was appalled when I heard the idea dribbling out that we should pull back instead of carrying on or pressing even more. My favorite expression is: You do not get more with honey than with vinegar! What I'm hoping-and it looks like this may be developing-is that this may finally be, if not the downfall of the HRC, at least putting them in their place. I never saw an organization exist so long, raise so much money, and do so little. Their annual budget is $25 million! I think they get a lot of money from rich people in the heartland. I want to ask those people: What are you getting for it? This election is a real slap in the face to HRC and their complete ineptitude. And now they want to make deals!

&

ACT UP changed the world: The drugs are now out there because kids, most of whom are now dead, went out and put their bodies on the line and changed history. Why can't we continue to do it?

Rest at:

http://www1.villagevoice.com/issues/0450/solomon.php