[lbo-talk] class warfare

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 07:49:12 PST 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 11:42 PM, snit snat wrote:

> huh. wow. i've never heard the guy. now i won't bother trying to
> listen to aryan american on the radio!

Since I moved up to DSL, I've been listening to AirAmerica on Net radio now and then. I think it definitely beats NPR in liveliness, and once in a while I learn something. Franken is disappointing to me -- he seems a lot less funnier than he was when he didn't get so much time to do his shtick. He seems to have trouble filling up all that air time. But the women hosts tend to be a lot more impressive than him.

The commercials are really a trip, though!

I'd like to know what impact, if any, AA is having on the general public. How many people are listening (probably fewer than the NPR audience, even), and how do they like it?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds. (Henry Adams, "The Education of Henry Adams")