[lbo-talk] class warfare

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Wed Dec 15 09:32:49 PST 2004

What possible impact could it have? Unlike NPR, which is atrocious in other ways, it isn't a news outlet. It is what rightist talk radio is, except even more naked and direct about it, and much less maverick: a funnel into one of the two Parties. AA is 100% DP propaganda. They only take DP-compatible guests, and the spin and limit every topic to comport with DP policies and actions. Randi Rhodes frequently launches into discourses on how Bill Clinton was the ultimate president, what with his desire for small government and all. Franken is an unfunny sourpuss who seems to think he's some kind of genius. Jeanine Garafalo is their best person, and you can hear her straining to confine her talk to DP limits.

Awful, awful stuff.