[lbo-talk] Re: Nader:

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Dec 15 17:18:11 PST 2004

Kelley wrote:
>>>....boo fuckin' hoo. i'm with nathan: the point is to win and the
>>>democrats pursued whatever means they could to win....

The Florida atmosphere sure seems to have a mindmelting effect. The Kerrey campaign lost no opportunity to do whatever it took to lose, from supporting Bush's war to giving him a free pass on his 9-11 criminal nonfeasance to conceding instantly despite obvious massive vote fraud. As I wrote 40 days ago:

"How can so many people manage to fume about Ubu's "majority" of "votes" without ever mentioning the word DIEBOLD? This really, really stupid election was even phonier than the 2000 farce. To the loss and regret of all of us, Those Who Decide chose not to dump UbuPOTUS. Why? Are the deciding members of the US capitalist class so weakminded that they caved in to their most stupid and piratical faction? Is their economic situation so fuckedup that even the trivial "progressivist" concessions to be expected from a Dumbocrat president have become unaffordable? Are they so committed to unending military adventures that a draft and the fascistic repression necessary to enforce it cannot be entrusted to a "Liberal" administration? Has it been decided that real elections (ie. bougeois democracy) "have lived" (Cicero) and that henceforth only dieboldized virtual plebiscites are to be permitted? History will give the bad word.

As to the pathetic campaign put on by the Party of Craven Capitulation (I mean the Dumbocrats--the Republicons are the Party of Malignant Stupidity), the only question is whether Kerry intended from the beginning to throw it to his fratbrother or whether someone persuaded him that the fix was in *his* favor? But really, how could anyone have imagined that this Designated Loser was really contesting an election when, in the first debate, he was asked why people should believe he would do as well as Ubu in a 9/11 situation--and instead of delivering a knockout punch by starting with "Well, you know, I couldn't possibly have done worse, and neither could any of you watching this debate right now" and going on to two minutes detailing UbuPOTUS's criminal nonfeasance, he went straight into a rhetorical clinch about how strong a leader against "Terrorism" he, Swiftboatveteran JFKerry was, is, and would always be. In comparison, the Max Baer/Primo Carnera bout looks like a model of honest, vigorous competition."

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)