[lbo-talk] Question about appropriateness of a phrase

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Dec 16 10:09:13 PST 2004

Did you leave out the "a" in front of "forked" on purpose? If so, then I say it's a moderately offensive caricature. If you use the "a," then I think you're just using a generally-accepted phrase, though perhaps not the best one for the occasion. There are lots of substitutes: two-faced, both sides of your mouth, hypocrite, having and eating of cake, etc.