[lbo-talk] Fw: [NEWSROOM-L] For What It's Worth Dept.

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 17 11:52:33 PST 2004

At 02:45 PM 12/17/2004, Maria Gilmore wrote:

>You know what's interesting about this? This press release refers to
>"highly religious people" being surveyed. So I wonder how many highly
>religious MUSLIMS were included? And if there were, doesn't it seem it
>would be appropriate to disclose how many in the sample? The way it's
>phrased, it seems automatically assumed that highly religious people are
>Christians...
>
>Maria

oh yessssssssss. This is what has me so annoyed lately. It's an attempt to narrow the meaning of religious to a certain kind of religiosity. When 90 plus percent of the population considers themselves religious, you figure about half of them voted for Kerry. But, no...... democrats don't understand religious people, so that's why they lost. Nevermind that many democrats ARE religious.....

Anyway, just bitching....

Kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling