[lbo-talk] Fw: [NEWSROOM-L] For What It's Worth Dept.

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 17 13:01:46 PST 2004

>You know what's interesting about this? This press release refers to
>"highly religious people" being surveyed. So I wonder how many highly
>religious MUSLIMS were included? And if there were, doesn't it seem it
>would be appropriate to disclose how many in the sample? The way it's
>phrased, it seems automatically assumed that highly religious people are
>Christians...
>
>Maria

The release says "sixty-five percent of self-described highly religious people queried." This should mean if they asked a muslim these questions they could just as easily say they were highly religious as anyone else. I would like to see the answers broken down by religious affiliation rather than the vague "self-described highly religious" breakout. I don't see most adherents to islam answering this question this way. I think islam encourages violence but I think xtianity does too. Same for hindus and buddhists and almost all religions.

John Thornton