[lbo-talk] The Occupation, was [Fwd: Fw: Why the torture atAbu Ghraib...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 20 07:08:30 PST 2004

Louis Kontos wrote:

>Carrol's position seems logical and moral to me. I could be missing
>something, but don't see what could justify the vitriolic response
>to his remarks. I don't know who wrote 'go fuck yourself, Carrol',
>at the bottom, but I would call on the moderator to keep the forum
>civil.

It was me, the moderator. And I'm not about to discipline myself. I'm really fucking sick of Carrol Cox's nastiness, and his know-it-all habit of attributing positions and intentions to people. My Cheney moment came right after watching him attribute motives - specifically, appeasing anti-abortion zealots - to Katha Pollitt, of all people, on another list.

I've met Carrol a couple of times, and found him an amiable fellow. In cyberspace, he's anything but. It'd be nice if he could be more like his meatspace personality when typing.

Doug