[lbo-talk] "pale male" ... question to new yorkers...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 20 10:02:54 PST 2004

Leigh Meyers wrote:

> Anyone with a counter-cultural backround from the '60s can remember
> when Gallup, NM and Jackson Hole, WY were *extremely* fond of long
> hair hippie types(tongue planted firmly in cheek).

The attitude extended to the NM State Police. Friends from San Diego (political activists, not hippies) were always frightened while passing through New Mexico. California licence plates could attract unwelcome attention. What year was that prison riot -- one of the worst in u.s. history if I remember correctly?

Carrol