[lbo-talk] Insularity ( Was pale male : question to newyorkers...)

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 20 19:53:28 PST 2004

In an: ----- Original Message ----- From: Luke Weiger To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 5:11 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Insularity ( Was pale male : question to newyorkers...)

Luke quotes "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com>

> No, snobbish and arrogant. I won't deny that.
>
> Doug

Thinking there's nowhere worth being outside of one's city strikes me as an insular arrogance.

Or hometown pride... It really depends on how you project your pride on to people from elsewhere. New Yorkers can be rather in a hurry and have an... abrupt conversational style, but I don't think that qualifies as arrogance.

[value/opinion = $0.02]

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net