[lbo-talk] Insularity ( Was pale male : question to newyorkers...)

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Wed Dec 22 08:37:07 PST 2004

On Dec 21, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> My wife, who is from PA, believes that Philadelphians, and especially
> the
> Eagles fans, are one of the most arrogant people in the US, just a
> notch
> above New Jersey. But then she is a Green Bay Packers' fan :).

Well, whoever said that Eagles fans are members of Homo sapiens?

(Anyone who thinks that that is an unfair attack should see them in their native habitat, at the Linc. But don't take me with you; my relationship to the sports world is approximately on a level with my association with the inhabitants of the solar system of Alpha Centauri.)

At any rate, residents of most parts of the world tend to be partial to their home towns, and people being what they are, this often develops in the direction of "irrational exuberance," as it were.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds. (Henry Adams, "The Education of Henry Adams")