[lbo-talk] Yushchenko ready to talk economic integration with Russia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 09:38:43 PST 2004

I think I said something about it not mattering who Ukraine's president is. :)

Dec 22 2004 6:30PM Yushchenko ready to talk economic integration KYIV. Dec 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) - Ukrainian presidential candidate Viktor Yushchenko has stressed the need for economic integration with the nation's eastern neighbors, but is opposed to the obstruction of integration with other international markets.

"Integration in the east should rely on the principles that suit our partners: Russia, Belarus and others. We support formalizing our relations. However, we are opposed to the application of principles that would block our road to the realization of our interests in other international markets," he said at a Wednesday meeting with Russian media in Kyiv.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!