[lbo-talk] The Occupation

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Dec 22 12:29:54 PST 2004

Chris Doss

FWIW I don't think it makes much sense to talk about slave owners as being "bad people" in an era in which slavery was taken for granted.

^^^^^ CB: Extending your reasoning, we shouldn't take Ba'athists or Islamcist fighters in Iraq as "bad people" , as some on this list are taking them to be, because they are in an era and place where both are taken for granted ? How about guerrillas in Chechyna, who are taken for granted there ?

So, anyone can freely "support" the Iraqi resistance , as they are not "bad people" anymore than the slaveowners were in the U.S.