[lbo-talk] Re: plagarism watch

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Dec 23 16:45:56 PST 2004

Well, Nozick is stupid then. You don't get to own the sea that (or any) way because the sea is immense and not the product of anybody's labor, and also because pouring orange juice into doesn't improve it. What an irrelevant example.

The point is that Doug Henwood's books would not exist without Doug Henwood's labor, and Doug Henwood deserves to be compensated for that labor, up to the point where the income loses contact with labor-input accounting and becomes a sheer artifact of Henwood's market power.

Stealing is wrong. Capitalism is a sly form of stealing from workers. Rather elementary point.