[lbo-talk] christmas bonus on eBay

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Dec 24 10:52:42 PST 2004

> Alaska Pilots have been forced to negotiate with the
> company, which is determined to cut their wages and benefits
> and raise productivity at the same time, for 18 months, and
> their contract just expired on December 15:

Reading Alaska's recent 10Q we find:

[ ... ]

- For the quarter, total operating expenses increased $64.0 million, or 12.1% [...] - Wages and benefits increased $8.6 million, or 4.3% [...]

+ $7.1 million increase primarily reflects scale and step increases - In May 2004, under terms of our union contract, our pilots received a 4% wage rate increase, which represented 50.7% of the total increase in wages.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/041223/alk10-q_a.html

Alaska has about 1500 pilots (out of 10,000 employees, 85% of which are unionized) and about 110 aircraft. You figure it out.

"Full pay untli the last day!"