[lbo-talk] real world labels include 'zionism' and 'zionist'

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 28 11:03:43 PST 2004

Jon wrote:

>But since I have the opportunity, I can ask. By "zio-liberals," do
>you mean people who are not committed to eliminating Israel?

Whether there is one state or two states in historic Palestine or whether there is a state called Israel in it is not the most important question. After all, what's in a name?

The question is whether people are committed to upholding equal rights between Arabs and Jews (as well as other more recent immigrants) in historic Palestine.

Zionism as it is practiced by the state of Israel rests on the negation of equal rights. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>