[lbo-talk] real world labels include 'zionism' and 'zionist'

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Tue Dec 28 14:21:26 PST 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Whether there is one state or two states in historic Palestine or
> whether there is a state called Israel in it is not the most important
> question. After all, what's in a name?

I get the impression, though, that the difference between one and two states does matter quite a bit to quite a few people in that area! It's one of the big questions that are going to have to be settled.

> The question is whether people are committed to upholding equal rights
> between Arabs and Jews (as well as other more recent immigrants) in
> historic Palestine.

It's fairly easy to commit to that if you're an outside observer, but much harder, it seems, if you live there.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile