[lbo-talk] Reich on sex & religion

Manjur Karim piashkarim at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 17:16:22 PST 2004

"Sensible Talk" in itself does not faithfully reflect an ontologically valid reality out there. What is "sensible" and what is not depends on the premises of "sensibility" that you are operating upon, discourses that you are participating in. IMHO, you can't argue with religious fanatics from an inherently superior vantage point of truth. With all honesty, the best we can do is to present our arguments from our specific will to knowledge, from our own hegemonic articulations. If that makes me an epistemological nihilist, I plead guilty. Manjur

Jon Johanning <zenner41 at mac.com> wrote: I would be very careful about taking the "every discourse has its own logic, truth, and validity" line. This ends up making any kind of sensible talk impossible, since anyone can easily invent their own kind of "discourse" in which whatever they say is true, and whatever anyone else says is false. In fact, that's what religious fanatics do, and why it's impossible to argue them out of their views.