[lbo-talk] Re: one day "shopping" boycott

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 17:06:49 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:56:44 -0500, snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> My guess is that the appeal is to a youthful audience, one who doesn't
> know much about marxist theory yet, so their goal is to grab attention--

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001053&p= babble: Adbusters goes on an anti-semitic witchhunt Drawing attention to the Jewishness of the neocons is a tricky game. Anyone who does so can count on automatically being smeared as an anti-Semite. But the point is not that Jews (who make up less than 2 percent of the American population) have a monolithic perspective. Indeed, American Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat and many of them disagree strongly with Ariel Sharon’s policies and Bush’s aggression in Iraq. The point is simply that the neocons seem to have a special affinity for Israel that influences their political thinking and consequently American foreign policy in the Middle East.

Here at Adbusters, we decided to tackle the issue head on and came up with a carefully researched list of who appear to be the 50 most influential neocons in the US (see above). Deciding exactly who is a neocon is difficult since some neocons reject the term while others embrace it. Some shape policy from within the White House, while others are more peripheral, exacting influence indirectly as journalists, academics and think tank policy wonks. What they all share is the view that the US is a benevolent hyper power that must protect itself by reshaping the rest of the world into its morally superior image. And half of the them are Jewish.

Kalle Lasn

Yeah, it's pretty "tricky", all right, trying to figure out how blame people's neo-con, pro-occupation leanings on their Jewishness, without sounding anti-semitic.

Why won't anyone say they're Jewish? From: the centre of the universe | Registered: May 2001 | IP: Logged Mr. Magoo guilty-pleasure Babbler # 3469

posted 27 February 2004 03:43 PM Well, he's NOT talking "Israeli", and he's NOT talking "Zionist", so hopefully that will cut down on any meta-argument. He's directly connecting a particular political opinion, and also power, with Jews. I think Mishei should be given a one day pass back into babble just to take a kick at this can.

Holy moly. Adbusters trades the consumer marketing biz for some good old Jewish World Domination theories. From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002
| IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski rabble-rouser Babbler # 1299

posted 27 February 2004 03:54 PM Lasn's new political philosophy:

"Buy our shoes... and down with the Jews" -- Michael Pugliese