[lbo-talk] Re: one day "shopping" boycott

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Fri Dec 31 06:45:02 PST 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 7:56 PM, snit snat wrote:

> if you're not, ever thought about translation work? friends who do
> localization work for companies say business is booming:

It is, but I think you have to be somewhat nuts in a special sort of way to keep at it steadily, so as to actually make a living at it. Not everyone who happens to be bilingual finds that they can hack it in the long run.

An interesting essay covering some of this subject is:

A Fitting Trade for a Misfit by Alex Feht http://www.accurapid.com/journal/31prof.htm

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile