[lbo-talk] The White "Workers" in Amerika

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 31 10:59:11 PST 2004

Leigh Meyers wrote:

> [...]

I'm annoyed at people who sit on the sidelines and snarl at the terrain* without building actions and movements that offer a visible alternative to the joys of individual consumption. Until such a movement emerges, Three Cheers for the drives of SUVs (though I personally wouldn't be caught dead driving one).

Carrol

"Terrain" = the total culture of the u.s. working class, i.e. the total culture of somewhere between 80% and 90+% of the population.