[lbo-talk] FW: Demand $1 Billion for Southeast Asia--America Must Do Better

Liza Featherstone lfeather at panix.com
Fri Dec 31 11:02:59 PST 2004

Friends/Colleagues: Stingy. Outrageous. Cheap. I think many us have been outraged by the inadequate U.S. financial response to the calamity that has struck the people of Southeast Asia. It¹s great for individuals to make private donations but our government must respond‹and we must make a specific demand, not just a general plea that the U.S. do more.

So, in collaboration with the fantastic people at EchoDitto, I¹ve set up an on-line petition to President Bush demanding that the U.S. immediately allocate $1 billion to the people of Southeast Asia. Frankly, this should only be the beginning because the costs to save the survivors and rebuild the communities will be in the tens of billions of dollars over the coming months and years.

http://www.americamustdobetter.com/petition/sign

The petition was precisely worded to try to appeal to a cross-section of the country.

Before you leave to celebrate the New Year, PLEASE PASS THE PETITION ON TO YOUR FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!

Jonathan Tasini

President

Economic Future Group