[lbo-talk] N. Korea Tests Weapons on People, Gases Inmates-BBC

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 01:26:24 PST 2004

Thomas Seay:

Look how many people Stalin killed, and there are still people who defend him.

---

That dismissive term "people" includes the majority of the population of the former Soviet Union.

Personally, I find this bashing of designated evil regimes to be tedious and, insofar as I can tell, more directed at scoring points against the WWP etc. etc. than actual concern for the people of North Korea and so on. Look at the credulity here: How do we know that this report is even true? People seem to be assuming that it is true because the NK regime is an "evil" regime and "evil" regimes do this kind of thing, bez dokazatel'etsva. For the same reason that the Doctor's Plot has been blown up into an immense anti-Semitic campaign, when in all likelihood it was just a sick, decrepit old man terrified of death and lashing out at it blindly.

_________________________________________________________________ High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1