[lbo-talk] N. Korea Tests Weapons on People, Gases Inmates-BBC

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 1 06:46:20 PST 2004

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:26:24 -0500, Chris Doss <itschris13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

How do we know that this report is even
> true?

Did you even click the pdf w/ the lengthy report? With dozens of testimonies, photos, etc. Once again (as Trotsky wrote so often), http://www.hrnk.org/HiddenGulag.pdf

On "leftists" denying the camps, see the new book on Camus and Sartre, by my NAM and DSA comrade, Sartre scholar, Ron Aronson and, "Hope and Memory : Lessons from the Twentieth Century, " by Tzvetan Todorov, which details what happened to David Rousset, an independent radical, who wrote, "L'Univers Concentrationnaire, " back in '47 and was attacked by the PCF.

To Lance, who is as annoyed (actually, I loathe the white yuppies I encounter walking through the financial district to my $9.50 hr. job w/ no health or other benefits) at yuppies as I, Thomas can confirm, I am far from one. As for " except "do-nothingism" ecept hand wring and whining, I do go to meetings of United for Peace and Justice at the AFSC office. A recent meeting of a subcommittee of 5 or 6 that went to IAC/ANSWER/WWP HQ here on Mission St. to air differences and see if, as in last yrs. last "big" demos in D.C. UfPJ could co-sponsor L'Univers Concentrationnairemrch 20 ("Give me that old time UNITY...on your terms entirely, Comrade Becker!") was rebuffed w/ the crassest demogogy.

Michael Pugliese