[lbo-talk] WWP/N. Korea

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Feb 1 11:36:21 PST 2004

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 02:38 AM, Lance Murdoch wrote:

> While you white yuppie liberals
> and "progressives" sit around wringing your hands about the WWP and
> North
> Korea, I'm going to go down and help them in their solidarity efforts
> Colombia and other places. You can sit on your asses and wring your
> hands
> and go on Fox News and criticize the people out doing something.

In other words, the ideas of the WWP, their theoretical position, as well as the governments they support, are of no significance. What is significant is simply that they are "out doing something."

It's interesting to me how closely this view mirrors -- as a right-and-left-reversed, mirror image -- the "ABB" view some radicals love to pillory: "yes, the Democrats have incorrect political ideas, Democratic presidents over the years have uniformly been horrible, war-criminal, racist, sexist, whatever-you-like-ist male whores, but ... they're out doing something."

Wouldn't it be nice to have an American Left that had *good* ideas and was also out doing something?
:-)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.