[lbo-talk] re:WWP/N. Korea

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 1 11:46:33 PST 2004

Ian says to Lance: "C'mon, admit it; that tantrum of pontificating righteousness felt good, didn't it?!?!?!?" - & somebody else said to Lance - my paraphrase: It was the WWP that screwed the anti-war movement into non-existence. COMMENT: While Lance's tone might be viewed as suffused with 'self-righteousness' & the general reply of 'people in greenhouses etc.." is understandable, there are other aspects that I will venture to say - are just being swept under the internet verbiage. It might be considered odd that I should venture to 'defend the WWP'. But to illustrate my discomfort with the paraphrasers' views: I do wonder if you would like to extrapolate the failure of the anti-Vietnam War to spawn a wider movement onto the single cause of the 'vile' WWP? Blaming the WWP seems to me, a most convenient way to ignore both - the objective factors that have impeded a more general development; &, the more general, and entire subjective factors. Hari