[lbo-talk] Activistism piece

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 4 09:02:40 PST 2004

Thomas Seay wrote:

The trotskyist movement went its
> course also and what you end up with there is the WWP
> which seems to have made a fetish out of the type of
> activism that the "activitism" piece describes.

The WWP is a perfect example of what Doug, Liza and Christian are talking about, albeit they are more apolitical than anti-intellectual. Isn't it curious how a hard left sectarian organization like the WWP is so non-political? When was the last internal split they had? Activists have long accused the WWP of doing activism for the sake of doing activism.

And their activism is a perfect example of activistism. They always use the same tactics and set protests for arbitrary dates. It's like they've now moved to a schedule designed to put ANSWER/WWP in the news every six months regardless of what's happening in the real world. If I had any influence on the anti-war movement, right now I'd be urging them to go on the offensive against the Bush regime in the next two weeks. Bush and his cronies are very vulnerable right now because of this WMD stuff. Just watch how they are trying to deflect the debate away from their lies to blaming everything on "intelligence failure." By the end of the month thier line will be that the war was necessary for "democracy reasons."

If the anti-war movement hadn't parked it's nose up the butt of ANSWER, it would be able to smell these changing political winds, make plans accordingly, and move in for the kill.

Just another bloodthirsty wolf on the plains,

Chuck0