[lbo-talk] Buddhism and body parts

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:59:53 PST 2004

Kenneth MacKendrick wrote:

> ** Provide me with an ethnographic report (prior to the 20th century) and
> I'll drink to that (20th c. reports are probably easy to come by).

I'm now prepared to make the first generalization re "The Left" that I have ever made on LBO.

What's wrong with Lefists, particularly as constantly exhibited on LBO, is their individualist and contemptible contempt for solid bourgeois scholarship. The bulk of posters on this list are fully convinced that any stray thought of their own is clearly superior to even the best scholarship of the last century.

Carrol