[lbo-talk] Voting & Non-Voting Classes (Kerry: America First!)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 16:59:48 PST 2004

> BTW, Kerry's nomination will prove wrong, once
> again, the idea that
> those who want to build a mass political party on
> the left should
> participate in Democratic caucuses and primaries to
> "take back the
> party."
> --
> Yoshie

I havben't heard anyone say this. What people like Doug and me -- normally rock solid for independent politics -- are sayong is that the Bushies are insane and irresponsible psycho killers far worse than anything we have ever had in office, and we want to get back to the usual lousy competition between tawdry capitalist tools, to buy us some time to do what we have to do outside the DP. And, yes, Carrol, I agree with you that movement politics should be mostly sidelined for this one. Though you come out the other way on the equation. jks