[lbo-talk] Nader, was Kerry: America First!

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu Feb 5 19:18:49 PST 2004

doug wrote Nader, however, is a joyless character from whom whole registers of human life seem missing.

--well, he sure has a good sense of humor. he had me cracking up at a speech he gave in minneapolis about a year and a half ago. when he was on crossfire he did a great job with his humor against Tucker Boy there too I thought. I think Nader's issue with talking up sexual, racial,....issues is as someone else said strategic basically. I think he probably is wrong, there are ways to talk about these issues in populist ways, he hasn't thought it through carefully enough in my book.

steve