[lbo-talk] Leftists and sex

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Feb 6 14:58:01 PST 2004

ChuckO wrote:

"Then there is oppressive anti-sex and anti-sexuality aspect of activist culture. It gets to the point where a guy is afraid to flirt with somebody fo fear of being hauled off to the anti-sexism workshop/tirbunal."

No, it's not leftist culture; it's "asexual" U.S. culture. Americans who know how to flirt or be comfortable about their bodies are few and far between. I spend a fair amount of time in the "Argentine Tango community" and the difference between the behavior of Latin or Russian men...and American men is simply huge. The non-American men (with the exception of Asian men) clearly enjoy the experience of having a woman in their arms while dancing, and they relate to women as sexual women without fear of offending -- just, as it were, for the joy of it. American men are terrified of offending or relating in a sexual/sensual way. I'm not talking about wild groping, ass grabbing, etc... I'm just talking about the physical energy one puts on or takes off around the opposite sex. IT's really, really sad in this country.

Joanna