[lbo-talk] "Irregardless"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 7 09:58:04 PST 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>*Anyhow, Yoshie's last post makes the most important point to be made
>currently on LBO and other circles of the Frightened** Left (Activistism
>& the Democratic Party (Kerry: America First!).

Is it a reading comprehension problem? The sectarian urge to misrepresent? A severe case of mental rigidity? Or just stubborn perversity (in the bad sense of perversity)? No leftist I know expects very much at all from a Dem administration, and almost everyone would acknowledge almost every criticism you make. It's a very rational decision, not frightened or lemminglike behavior. The uncomprehending intensity of your reaction suggests psychological problems.

Doug