[lbo-talk] Activistism & the Democratic Party (Kerry: Americ

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Feb 8 23:09:20 PST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> My question is about the recent period. Do race and ethnicity remain
> important tools of bourgeois hegemony even today?

It's more a matter of path dependency. We didn't build a social democratic party when it was the natural time to build one. Now its hard even for the ones that once were strong to keep from being newlaborized. And we have an entirely alternative set of political institutions and reflexes that would have to be moved.

Michael