[lbo-talk] RE: Bush interview

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 23:43:22 PST 2004

From: Thomas Seay
> What did you think about the questions that were
> asked?
> How do you think it could have been improved

I would have liked to ask how Colin Powell can say on Feb 24th 2001: http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2001/933.htm " And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors. So in effect, our policies have strengthened the security of the neighbors of Iraq, " but on Feb 6th 2003 give the UN a completely opposite assessment, an assessment that turned out be fallacious.

it was a pathetic show, theatre. but what is to be expected from the mainstream media, did anybody expect Bush to be cornered and poked with a sharp stick ?? What if, when Bush spouted his hollow anti terrorism rhetoric, Russert had asked him if he supported his fathers role in the Iran Contra affair .

Gary? ride si sapis