[lbo-talk] Iraq, the left and the 'resistance' (Geras blog)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 9 09:32:15 PST 2004

If you're not sure whether or not we should support the resistance, why were you so vociferous in attacking that article that said we shouldn't support it?

--gosh seth, you're the media critic, not me, you have much greater knowledge of the way the the prowar party frames their arguments in the media. Geras is a supporter of the invasion and the occupation, he will say ANYTHING to justify that position. Who is Norm Geras to tell me or any of us who we should or should not support? I take his advice as seriously as I do Hitchens or Horowitz. ----------------------------------------------- Sounds pretty cynical to me. How is that attitude any better than Sharon saying x number of Jews have to die per day or else political support for my hard line will collapse?

--has little to do with what i want. i would much rather that the antiwar movement be out making a big deal about the carnage created by the occupation, instead it seems stuck on how awful saddam was or how awful it is that civilians are killed when resistance to the occupation occurs.