[lbo-talk] Re: RE: Bush interview

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 9 13:52:22 PST 2004

Brad Mayer wrote:

>As for Bush, his gang has scored a stunning success corralling the Left
>back into the two-party scam. Now they are at the racetracks along with
>everybody else. Alas, as "activists" were betting on the wrong horse
>(Dean), it will be slightly amusing to watch these pathetic creatures
>scramble onto the "whatever" (Kerry) bandwagon (it's a horserace with
>bandwagons, metaphorically speaking :-)

Do tell us what your strategy is, oh nonpathetic creature!

I'm constantly surprised, though I probably shouldn't be, how these "principled" anti-Dems cannot get their heads around the possibility that one could vote for a Dem and still have a structural critique of the party and support independent organizing and nonelectoral strategies. Not even a shade of gray, much less a real color, in this kind of thought.

Doug