[lbo-talk] RE: It's just a joke

Arash arash at riseup.net
Mon Feb 9 19:15:25 PST 2004

>No, it's not a joke...or rather the joke's on us, because if "humor"
>promotes the idea that it's funny to send an old lady into a fatal dive
>on account of some potato chips....

Ah, but if we watch the commericial at http://www.ifilm.com/?sctn=collections&pg=superbowl2004, it's clear that the old lady doesn't die after her fall, and what's more, she's lifts her head smiling holding in her grip the old man's dentures, foiling his moment triumph at having seized the chips.

If you want to oppose this ad, I think the best reason to oppose it is because it's an ad. They are all huge mind-numbing, costly wastes of otherwise productive resources, especially the superbowl ads.

Arash