[lbo-talk] Limits of Human Knowledge

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Feb 10 11:35:07 PST 2004

On 4 Feb 2004, Alexander Nekvasil wrote:

> Anyways, in the context of lbo-talk there are two things
> one must know about Ludwig Wittgenstein. First, he was
> the son of a very successful (and much hated) corporate
> raider. Second, he was a schoolmate of Adolf Hitler.

Even in the context of lbo, these are two trivial things to know about Wittgenstein. If I had to pick two things to know about Wittgenstein:

1. The "picture theory" of language and reality advocated in Tractatus 2. The related concepts "forms of life" and "language games" in his later work that led him to reject the picture theory in Tractatus

Miles