[lbo-talk] Limits of Human Knowledge

Alexander Nekvasil a8504902 at unet.univie.ac.at
Wed Feb 4 14:08:43 PST 2004

andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> writes:

> No wonder W, having finished the Tractatus,
> temporarily gave up philosophy to be an elementary
> school teacher in Austria. He was evidentally very bad
> at it. Children can be cruel and unforgiving towards
> the terminally wierd. But Russell seduced him back to
> Cambrisge, and philosophy, and we got the Phil.
> Investigations and various other things out of it.

Rumor has it that the cruel and unforgiving one was him, not the children.

Anyways, in the context of lbo-talk there are two things one must know about Ludwig Wittgenstein. First, he was the son of a very successful (and much hated) corporate raider. Second, he was a schoolmate of Adolf Hitler.

So there. ("Why can't people just be _good_?")

cheers AN