[lbo-talk] RE: Wittgenstein

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Tue Feb 10 15:37:54 PST 2004

"C. G. Estabrook" wrote:

> I just looked at it. Only Ramsey and Sraffa are mentioned by name,

> but he also writes, "Four years ago I had occasion to re-read my

> first book and to explain its idea to someone." --CGE

that's Miss Anscombe's great translation. the German is: "Vor vier Jahren aber hatte ich Veranlassung, mein erstes Buch...wieder zu lesen und seine Gedanken zu erklären." which as i read it could as well be to explain to many (say a seminar) as to one, but someone who knows more German than i do (that is, just about anyone who knows any German) might better understand.

john mage