[lbo-talk] Re: Kerry Says He Might Support Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage

Jessica LaBumbard jesslabumbard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:42:01 PST 2004

... and the right to adopt in many states as a couple. In most states still, one parent has the child, and the other has to petition for guardianship or the like.

I did immigration law for awhile and tried to help gay couples who couldn't petition for each other. Very sad situation - it really sucked. A Mexican friend of mine is in this same position - and he just had to return to Mexico becasue his father is ill. His chances of getting back here to live with his boyfriend again? Pretyy much zilch.

jessica

_________________________________________________________________ Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx