[lbo-talk] RE: Wittgenstein

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Feb 11 11:03:04 PST 2004

"Erklaeren" means "clarify." That much, I know. Of course, sometimes clarification is a preface to fundamental revision.

----- Original Message ----- From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:43 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] RE: Wittgenstein

> But he didn't clarify them; he rejected them. He says that his new ideas
> could be understood properly only in opposition (durch den Gegensatz) to
> his old ones. (As Miles Jackson noted in his post, "Limits of Human
> Knowledge.")
>

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:
>
> > > "Vor vier Jahren aber hatte ich Veranlassung, mein erstes
Buch...wieder