[lbo-talk] Kerry is playing a different game now

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 11 07:17:33 PST 2004

> in terms of what Kerry did
> and told me in 1983 (not to mention two decades of compromised
behavior

I do not understand why "compromise" is such a bad thing. After all, that is what politicians do for a living, no? If they do not, they are dogmatic doctrinaires a la Bush, not politicians.

That reminds me of an old anecdote my father once told me: Q: What is the difference between a society lady and a politician? A: A society lady says "No" when she thinks "Maybe", says "Maybe" when she thinks "Yes" - and if she says "Yes" she is a slut not a society lady. A politician, by contrast, says "yes" when he thinks "maybe," says "maybe" when he thinks "no" and if he says "no," he is an ass not a politician.

Wojtek