[lbo-talk] Iraq, the left and the 'resistance' (Geras blog)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 12 10:15:50 PST 2004

>>The problem, though, is that you and John Pilger are not in the
>>same political organization (or coalition). If you were, you could
>>both go to the organization's (or the coalition's) meetings, have
>>the organization's (or coalition's) members debate what the
>>organization's (or coalition's) position on resistance fighters in
>>Iraq should be, and democratically decide the question by vote.
>>Perhaps, your position would get the majority vote and become the
>>organization's (or coalition's) position; perhaps, Pilger's would;
>>or some other position (a compromise between yours and Pilger's or
>>a position completely different from yours and Pilger's) would.
>
>Yoshie, you're stating the obvious. Why are you participating in an
>email discussion list if nothing said here matters in the absence of
>a meeting and a majority vote?
>
>Seth

Because it's fun to talk with people I like, such as yourself. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>