[lbo-talk] Jews and Revelation

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Feb 12 21:52:52 PST 2004

Justin wrote:

>Moses was the last non-Chassidic Jew to have a direct line to God.

Aren't you forgetting the Ark? "..and put into the Ark the Tokens that I shall give you, It is there that I shall meet you, and from above the cover, between the two cherubim over the Ark of the Tokens, I shall deliver to you all my commands for the Israelites." (NEB Exodus, 25:21-22) The Ark (or at least it's power source, the tumor-inducing "tokens") remained operational at least through the perod of the Judges (1 Samuel 5:6-6:21).

Shane Mage

"Mortals immortals, immortals mortals,

living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62