[lbo-talk] Funny Germans...

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Feb 12 23:09:31 PST 2004

Joanna wrote:

> Well, I think Marx was funny.

Marx was funny.

> Super dry humor, but still funny. Mozart had a lot of humor -- Marriage of
Figaro and Cosi Fan Tutte have lots of > funny bits. And, if Kafka counts -- he did write in German -- he was
> funny too; at least, I thought "The Metamorphosis" was hillarious: a
> cockroach trying to fit into a respectable German middle-class family.
>
> I admit though, I'm digging and stretching here.

Yep, there are exceptions to every rule. Just yesterday, I saw a strapping midget on the street. Later, I doodled a round square. But all Germans are merry. Even Kant: http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1146008,00.html

-- Luke