[lbo-talk] more drudgery on Kerry

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:46:17 PST 2004

I used to say to my husband, my late husband, 'If you ever get something, I'll maim you. Not kill you, just maim you.' And we'd laugh, laugh, laugh. - Teresa Heinz, in an Elle Magazine interview discussing adultery.

KERRY INTERN CAUSES KERRY BAD TURN

THE KERRY STORY is a fascinating example of what has happened to the relationship between America's media and the "informed" elite. Watching Jim Lehrer, listening to NPR, reading the Washington Post or the NY Times one would have known nothing about the biggest political news of the day. But while the hoity toi were uninformed, the hoi poloi was getting the story thanks to Drudge and other Internet sites, followed by John Kerry going on Imus with his millions of radio listeners and sort of but not really denying a tale that the informed elite didn't yet know a thing about. Later Senator Chris Dodd went on Imus and mentioned that by two o'clock of the day the story broke, everyone he talked to was talking about it. Except, of course, the 'informed' elite, which continues to regard itself as the parental control switch on reality for its audience. -Sam Smith, www.prorev.com

BRIAN FLYN, SUN UK - Alex Polier, 24, was named as the woman at the center of a scandal that threatens to damage Democrat Kerry's bid for the White House. . . There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: "I think he's a sleaze ball. I did kind of wonder if my daughter didn't get that kind of feeling herself. He's not the sort of guy I would choose to be with my daughter."... Journalist Alex was in Kenya last night refusing to comment.

MICHAEL SNEED CHICAGO SUN-TIMES - Sneed is told the real reason former Dem presidential nominee Al Gore did not select Kerry as his veepmate was because of allegations of women problems, or marital infidelity involving Kerry's marriage to Heinz, heiress to the Heinz Ketchup fortune, whom he met in 1990. A top source tells Sneed Gore was talking about Kerry's sexual baggage "with a young woman" as recently as late last week!

"Kerry was the favorite to be Gore's veep, but they worried a female problem could erupt, so U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman was selected instead," said the source. "In addition to Gore backing Howard Dean for president, because he wanted access to the cadre of Dean youth called the "Deanie babies" when he runs for president again and goes up against Hillary Clinton, Gore chose Dean because he feared the Kerry female mess would rear its ugly head," the source added...

The big question: Did Dean opt not to pull out of the race after the Wisconsin primary because he was waiting for the Kerry scandal to erupt? . . . By the way, Thorne, Kerry's ex-wife, who has since married an architect, has written a book about depression called: You Are Not Alone. Stay tuned.

_________________________________________________________________ Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/