[lbo-talk] Iraqi communists on "resistance"

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 10:01:41 PST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:32:04 -0500, Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> So, what do you think of the armed struggles of Palestinians, Colombians,
> and Filipinos today? What will be John Kerry's policy toward them? And
> Kerry's policy toward Iraqis?

Victims of Communist Party purge seek justice, closure (1/5) http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/dec/26/nat_2-1.htm

Victims of CPP purge narrate tales of torture (2/5) http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/dec/27/nat_3-1.htm

Communist Party paranoia over spies led to witch-hunt (3/5) http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/dec/28/nat_3-1.htm

Only 7 CPP cadres disciplined for purges (4/5) http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/dec/29/nat_8-1.htm

Closure sought on dark chapter in CPP history (5/5) http://www.inq7.net/nat/2003/dec/30/nat_4-1.htm

On Columbia see the new book by Steve Dudley, "Walking Ghosts: Murder and Guerrilla Politics in Colombia, " Skimmed a bit the other day at Borders. Quite good. Has written for In These Times and NACLA.

And, "Systems of Violence: The Political Economy of War and Peace in Colombia, " (Suny Series in Global Politics) by Nazih Richani

-- Michael Pugliese, CISPES member in the 80's, supporter of the FSLN, radicalized as a kid by the NLF and seeing the My Lai massacre photos in Life magazine.