[lbo-talk] Advertisings effects (was Death of Dean)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 14 11:50:14 PST 2004

John Thornton wrote:

>Odd that you should choose the auto industry. You must have missed
>out on the SUV craze. A demand created almost wholly from the
>desires of the auto industry.

Speaking of which, later this afternoon I'll be posting the radio show that includes my interview with Keith Bradsher, author of High And Mighty: The Dangerous Rise of the SUV. He talks a lot about how Detroit marketers played to the personality types of the likely buyers. (Show also includes Michael Mann on his new Verso book, Incoherent Empire.)

Doug