[lbo-talk] the much despised Tariq Ali on war's aftermath

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 15:07:16 PST 2004

Doug asked: by whom is Tariq Ali despised?

I remember these among others...

Dennis Perrin: Hitchens & Ali are shiny windbags who mirror one another more and more. The inflated self-importance, the conceit, the up-turned nose dismissal of those who dare disagree with them. Pro wrestlers have more dignity.

Mike Larkin: Don't forget to include Andrew Sullivan with these two knuckleheads. I say put the three of them on a plane to Baghdad and then call the guerillas beforehand to let them know they're coming. ("If I had a rocket launcher....") They can argue about whether the insurgents are freedom fighters while the plane disintegrates